Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 12- Love lets the other win

Part of the things I decided during the prioritizing list we made a few dares ago was having more family time. Unfortunately for you all, I've decided not to blog on the weekends unless the house is relatively clean, and the children are asleep. Probably won't ever happen. So, just use your weekends to practice your love steps we have taken so far. I am loving to hear that everyone is trying to stay on the no negative things. Today my spouse was rather cranky (and yesterday). I've asked if he wants to share something, or if anything is bothering him....to no avail. I got so frustrated and hurt today, but instead of lashing out, just kept my mouth shut. I think he realized he was being poopy and kissed me goodbye before I left this evening with a big happy smile on his face. It was so nice to have that rather than a power struggle and argument over hose schedule is more demanding, stressful, etc.

So, onto Day 12.....

Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
—Philippians 2:4


TODAY’S DARE

Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.


1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

FASCINATING. We disagree pretty infrequently. I will be keeping my eye out for something. It will likely be a TV show choice... :)