Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 18- Love seeks to understand

How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
—Proverbs 3:13


I purposely saved this one for a weekend since I know we are all busy people. Today's dare focuses on understanding your spouse better. When you first met you probably studied everything about them. Now, you are content to just ask how their day was. Try to learn more about your loved one. What are their dreams? Goals? Ambitions?
Take time this weekend to get to know your spouse all over again. When you talk to each other, make sure you do most of the listening.

Here are some helper questions-
1. What do you enjoy the most about your life right now?
2. What do you enjoy the least?
3. What would be your dream job?
4. What are three things you would like to do in the next year?
5. When was the last time you felt filled with joy?
6. If you had to give away a million dollars, who would you give it to?
7. What would you like your life to look like 5 years from now?
8. What have I done in the past that made you feel loved?

You get the picture. Let me know how it goes...you all are awfully quiet lately.

TODAY’S DARE
Prepare a special dinner at home, just for the two of you. The dinner can be as nice as you prefer. Focus this time on getting to know your spouse better, perhaps in areas you’ve rarely talked about. Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your mate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey there!
I hope you have had a good Easter!
Im on day 18 today!
and i see that you have no more posts?
I hope everything is okay.
I may not comment on how it's been going but so far so good!
There have been times when i feel like saying something negative but i just bite my tongue.
Yesterday i was tested, but not by my husband, but his father.
I would've said something to him that i would be regretting and BOY did i have something to say!
instead i smiled and shook my head and agreed, then in a nice voice i told him how i felt. Before the night was over he came over and told me was very sorry, he didn;t mean what he had said and sorry for offending me then he hugged me.
I think about it now and i say " WOW! if i had not taken this challenge i would have not been able to bite my tongue, think about what i was going to say, how i was going to say it and what tone!"
SO THANK YOU!
but please keep posting i have 22 days to go!