Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 14- Love takes delight

Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life.
—Ecclesiastes 9:9


The current theme in this book is that our feelings can't run our lives. We must lead our emotions with decisions and deliberation. If we allow our feelings to determine how strong our marriage relationship is, we're doomed!

The dare today is to lead your heart to delight in your mate. Enjoy your spouse through companionship and conversation! You delighted in your spouse when you first married. Recapture that emotion by leading your heart in that direction. The responsibility is ours to relearn what you love about this one to whom you've promised yourself forever.

TODAY’S DARE
Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they’d really like to work on. Just be together.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Aha! I'm going to a chamber of commerce thing with him tonight before DOK. I was just thinking I'd rather poke out my eye with a stick than do it...business chat and hors d'oeurves makes me crazy...but he likes me to go and so I am.

thanks for the reinforcement!

Sarah B. said...

Glad I could help ;) And good for you! Did it go well?